Friday, August 12, 2016

A Soffritto Lasagna | No Design Waste






Gosh I love making lasagna. I cheated this time and used some jarred tomato sauce as we were playing + crafting all day and I did not have any tomatoes on hand. I hope this recipe makes you want to make it to for your family table:) 

A Soffritto Lasagna

2-3 carrots diced
3 celery or chard ribs diced
1 onion diced
2-3 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
Gluten free no bake lasagna noodles (I love Capello's brand so much!)
25-32 oz homemade or jarred tomato sauce (try my plum gumption tomato sauce! Or this super easy Food Revolution Classic Tomato Sauce)
1 block swiss gruyere cheese shredded
1/4 c freshly grated, high quality parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Saute the soffritto of diced vege (carrots, celery/chard, onion) low and slow over medium-low heat for 25-30 minutes until the soffritto is just beginning to caramelize. Remove from heat. 

Begin layering lasagna in your 9x13 in baking dish:
1. Ladle a thin layer of sauce (on bottom of pan)
2. Layer noodles 
3. Spread out 1/3 of the soffritto mixture over noodles
4. Sprinkle 1/4 of the shredded gruyere cheese over soffritto
5. Ladle 1/4 sauce & repeat 2 more times (three layers in total with a layer of noodles to finish)
6. Top with the remaining sauce, cheese and grate as much parmesan as you'd like.

Cover with tin foil and bake for 40 minutes. Remove tin foil and bake for another 10-15 or until cheese begins to bubble and brown. Let sit for at least 10-15 minutes.


Whenever I get together with Laura time passes by so quickly... Coffee, waffles, eggs, lunch, dinner... We always seem to be cooking, eating or crafting while the kids play all day.

Chris asked me if I wanted help in taking down some wooden artwork I had mentioned were too heavy for me to get down by myself and I had gotten tired of looking the various colors of boring brown. Alas, once down, I was not allowed to buy something new.

My chimmie's brain lit on fire and she quickly replied, "That's ok, we'll use some 'baby money'".

Baby money = six 99 cent bottles of chalkboard paint from Hobby Lobby.

So we got our crafty pants on and created something new out of something old.

#NoDesignWaste





AND

I'm not getting on those damn ladders again for at least another 8 years.


I miss you Chimmie! Thanks for another epic Summer vacation of food and fresh design fun. BIG love to you, your kiddos + Winston and Lulu Design.


To the Mullies we go,
xoxoL


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think....