Sunday, February 12, 2017

Set the Table 2017 | Week 6

Are you excited to cook this week with me or what?


Mac: "Mom, you're so embarrassing."
Me: "I know. And all this excitement makes the food taste better, ya know."

  • Switcheroo - Each Sunday #SettheTable2017 post will now begin with the upcoming week's game plan followed by a picture recap of last week's chaos. Warning: Selfie videos and picture shenanigans keep me cooking and laughing... C'est la vie, I'm lighting it up.
  • #CatchmyGrit on my Instagram stories throughout the week to capture the fun, the food and the family table reactions (good and bad).
  • New to this series? Here's the STORY behind my #SettheTable2017 food adventures with Pure Barre Kildeer.
Up this Week:
*Note: The first underlined/linked recipe name corresponds to the Jamie Oliver Ultimate Recipes App to help me stay organized (his grocery list feature is rad); However, IF I was unable to find Jamie's app recipe online (which keeps the collections exclusive) I have linked to a similar recipe.

  • Flamin' Jamaican Jerk Patties (or this yummy mini beef wellington recipe) + Tomato Soup (the soup is the lovely pureed leftovers from my lasagna sauce last night.) + Salad
  • Poached Chicken with Vege Broth (Chicken noodle soup) - I'm using the leftover chicken and carcass to make it.
Valentine's Day Dark Chocolate Strawberry smoothie (from nutritioulicious.com)
*Here is a handy conversion link for the online euro measurements (the app uses USA measurements).
*If possible, buy antibiotic free meat (Here's why I try to know where my meat is coming from).
*Use the EWG "Clean Fifteen + Dirty Dozen produce guidelines to save money + reduce the pesticides and herbicides on your plate. 
*Avoid artificial colors and preservatives - Check your labels, grocery stores offer a variety of clean brands to help protect your family's microbiome --> More Guts More Glory I SAY!

May your inner athlete find the force this week. Play this music fuel for cooking gumption: Imagination - Gorgon City + I'm Coming Over - James Hersey (Please do),


Wrap it up with last week's family table action:


Leftover Super Bowl Chipotle Cheddar Cornbread Muffins and Honey Butter (I minced two fresh red fresno chilis, instead of chipotle peppers, and it worked great). Of course, the kids and Chris asked me to make them without the peppers next time... I could hardly even taste them...


"Mom, how many brussel sprouts do we have to eat?" 

Five. 

They ate them so fast you'd freak. Next time I'm upping the BS ante. 

Make Jamie's Parmesan Brussel Sprouts and let me know how they go down!




The diced portabella mushrooms and onion "well" around a square of grassfed organic beef.


Cook tacos and jam on Tuesdays. 


It's a bird, it's a plane, no... it's just Mommy again up on her chair.


PPP (Pasta + Parm + Peas) and leftover grass fed organic beef hotdogs + sprouted buns from the Superbowl party.


We only got 10 minutes together on Thursday night... Basketball practice came too fast... Dinner came too late. 5 - 3 = 2 left at the family table and more one-on-one time with Mac.


I remembered to use the almost.gone.bad.zucchini in my fridge.


Saturday Night Live Lasagna Love. Salad course first.


To the Mullies we go...
xoxoL






No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think....