Monday, November 27, 2017

Set the Table 2017 | Week 47


I saved our Thanksgiving turkey bones and I'm making fresh turkey stock right now as I type this belated post!

Anytime I make a turkey or chicken roast, I save the carcass (sometimes in the freezer) to make fresh stock later. It's so so so so so so so easy. Seriously. You can make stock in the crockpot (no babysitting needed) or on your stove top. I hope you try it someday! It's rumored to be pretty darn good for ya: Dr Axe - The Healing Power of Bone Broth for Digestion, Arthritis and Cellulite.

Tonight, I will be making a version of Bon Appetit's gorgeous Turkey and Mushroom Risotto Recipe (Peden & Munk photo cred).

Maaaaaaaaan, I sure wish I could teleport my kitchen smells to your device dear reader cuz it's throwin AMAZEBALLS!

***************************

    Week 47's Game Plan:


    Wrap it UP with last week's family table action:


    Persimmon pudding! Ever tried it? Well, you should.


    The salad forgotten, the tortillas, just a little moldy. The nachos, so very delicious.
    #tacotuesday.

    And here comes our Thanksgiving 2017...













    Dear Mom and Dad, I am the luckiest girl alive to be living next door to you! Cheers to many many Thanksgivings and sunrises to come on the Diamond together! I LOVE YOU!!



    Set the Table.
    It all starts at home plate.


    To the Mullies we go... 
    xoxoL



    ps


    My Top 11 #SettheTable2017 Topics:
    1. Study: Eating Food with Fewer Pesticides Boosts Women's Chances to Conceive.
    2. Will the Gut-Brain Connection Revolutionize Wellness?
    3. Come to the table - Join Slow Food USA!
    4. Stay on TOP of the Global Food Revolution Newsfeed.
    5. Robyn O'Brien: Why Our Food Is Making Us Sick.
    6. Kimbal Musk Wants to Reengineer the American Stomach | Why Food is the New Internet. 
    7. Buy Antibiotic Free and Know the Source of Your Family's Meat.
    8. The EWG "Clean Fifteen + Dirty Dozen produce guidelines helps you save money + reduce the pesticides and herbicides = Antibiotics harmful to our gut microbiome + mycobiome.
    9. Avoid artificial colors and preservatives to keep your gut, your "second brain" happy + healthy.
    10. Why, When and How to Eat Wheat.
    11. Why do Some People do well as Vegans and Vegetarians (Clues from the Magical World of Genetics).

    1 comment:

    1. the two pics of AB & UD with the aprons.... priceless. love love.

      ReplyDelete

    Tell me what you think....